Adhya - is my wonderful little daughter. Adhya comes from "Adi" meaning beginning , first. Wow she is already 3 now :-)
I used to hear a lot of people talk about the love for children , have seen it in movies and off course not to mention its exaggerated to quite an extent in Indian movies but I will tell you it the only unconditional love you can ever experience.
I am hear to share some of the cute and very funny discoveries of Adhya.
The God stuff is confusing
Everyday after taking bath Adhya prays. She knows 2-3 shlokas and she tells them only for the reason to get 2 nice m&m with choice of her color. The whole GOD concept is something she has to yet understand.
The other day when she was praying she asked me "Amma , what are the Gods doing? , do they sleep too? why do we have to pray? " Well I told her that they are blessing you and every time I pray she tells me the same. Yet everyday to this day she asks the same question and I reply with the same answer, Hmmm looks like she is not convinced yet..
Why are they fighting?
Its football season here (American football) . So they play it with hands instead of legs. Adhya has learnt and now digested the fact that we have share our toys and play. Thanks to the school :-)
So the other day when my husband was watching this game , Adhya comes sits next to her father and is very curiously watching the game. Later she comments "Papa ,why are they all fighting for the ball? My teacher has told me to share and play , I think they should share and play too?" My husband had a tough time to explain that this is a game and you should fight for the ball...She stills thinks they are doing the wrong thing and she asks the same question whenever she sees us watching the game.
Wait let me get a tissue?
This was quite some time back. I think she was 2 then. I was watching a movie and it was a emotional scene so the lead character was crying. Now Adhya comes from the playing room , sits next to me and again is watching the scene very attentively. Then she runs to the restroom grabs a tissue and starts wiping the TV. I asked her whats wrong and in fact scolded her to not touch the TV. Adhya replies back "Amma , she is crying and I am giving her a tissue . But the tissue is not wet at all!!!!. "
Now she has understood that movies are just pretending but every now and then when we are watching something she needs a confirmation that its fake.
I will continue to write some more... Your comments are most welcome...It will be fun to read..
One of the most cute blogs that i have ever read!!!!! Adhya's thought process is just so amazing! very nice. i am waiting to read a lot more about her. keep blogging...
ReplyDeletehey.. its really awesum..:-) best blog i ve ever read..
ReplyDeleteread this long back.. just tat i am commenting now.. nice one.. keep writing.. :)
ReplyDelete